Transimeksa, UAB gained SQAS certificate - safety and quality assessment for companies working with chemicals and dangerous goods, for its third site. Gaining the prestigious certification means increasing number of customers which are asking for.
SQAS (Safety & Quality Assessment for Sustainability) is a system of uniform third party assessments to evaluate the performance of Logistics Service Providers and Chemical Distributors. SQAS assessments cover quality, safety, security, environment and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). SQAS is not a certification system; it is an assessment system that provides a detailed factual assessment report. The SQAS assessment reports allow chemical companies to evaluate their logistics service providers according to their own standards and requirements.
SQAS is a key element of Responsible Care in logistics operations.
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, manages the SQAS system and ensures its integrity.
Benefits of using SQAS:
• A key tool in the Risk Management of logistics operations, as part of Responsible Care
• Five SQAS modules covering the different types of Logistics Service Providers active in land logistics
• Common and uniform industry assessment questionnaires
• Trained and accredited SQAS assessors
• Easy access to all assessment reports via a central SQAS database
• No duplication of assessments by individual chemical companies
• Supported and used by most chemical companies and logistics service providers